An Tiaracht, is a traditional built house on Valentia Island and is a vacation home owned by Ray & Mary and is made available for rentals by Walk With Me. Valentia Island is part of The Skellig Ring and Wild Atlantic Way touring route and is a place of outstanding beauty.
Valentia Island is located in the designated Dark-Sky Reserve, close to The Skellig Rocks which are soon to feature in the new Star Wars movie and also home to the recently discovered Devonian Period Tetrapod Trackway that has been heralded as evidence of the oldest in situ record of an amphibian animal walking on land that evolved into today’s man.
Ray & Mary will advise you on how best to maximise your time in Ireland to ensure that your time is well spent and you fit in as much as possible while touring Ireland.
This delightful cottage sits peacefully amongst the beauty of Valentia Island, a rural location situated just 2 miles from Portmagee.
This light and bright Valentia Island Holiday Home is well equipped, ideal accommodation for a larger family or group of friends wishing to spend some time together. With stunning views of the open sea and surrounding lush countryside, this cottage on Valentia Island affords a peaceful and comfortable break.
With four spacious bedrooms, some with an en-suite or sea view, you can rest in the knowledge of an enjoyable and relaxing stay for all of your guests. The traditional features such as a rocking chair and Belfast sink add character to your comfortable and homely ambience.
Warm yourself by the crackle of the fire and discuss your day’s adventure while the flames dance before you. The lawned garden space at the front and rear of your Valentia Island cottage makes a perfect playground for the children, or plan a barbecue for warm days and watch how the sunlight catches the blue of the beautiful, clear waters of the Kerry coast.
The unspoilt beaches are within half a mile of your Valentia Island cottage, and are perfect for a day walking, or lazing against the lap of the shore.
Why not take a boat trip sightseeing or fishing or a diving trip out to explore the Atlantic a little further? The Skelligs Experience centre also allows an extra viewpoint for this coastal area of Kerry, with educational fun for the family; learn about the native birds and sea life in this beautiful area.
Whilst nearby Chapeltown is a sleepy village, Knightstown and Portmagee are also within easy access of this cottage on Valentia Island, and provide a wealth of restaurants, Irish pubs and bars and shops.
Bring someone special to holiday at this Valentia Island cottage with you; with many activities close by, and a homely comfortable base to return to, you will cherish the memory of a holiday here for years to come.
- Kitchen with open fire & dining area (seats 6) leading to sitting room
- Sitting room (seats 7) with sea & mountain views
- One double bedroom with TV & sea & mountain views
- One double bedroom with door to garden (accessed via bathroom)
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC (access from hallway & one double bedroom)
- One double bedroom with sea views & en-suite shower, basin & WC
- One triple bunks bedroom (double below, single above) with TV & en-suite shower, basin & WC
- One sofa bed on landing
- Oil central heating, open fire in kitchen/dining area
- Electric oven & hob
- TV with 85 satellite channels, DVD, video
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire included
- Bed linen & towels included
- No pets & no smoking
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Large lawned area to front & rear with sea views, rear patio with furniture, BBQ available on request
- Shop & pub 2.5 miles
- Ground floor bathroom is accessible through both hallway and one double bedroom
- Max. 6 adults
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Seaside closeby
About the location:
Knightstown – 2 miles
Portmagee – 2 miles
Cahersiveen – 12 miles
Killarney – 44 miles
Kerry Airport – 45 miles
Cork City – 98 miles
Nearest shop – 2.5 miles
Nearest pub – 2 miles
On the doorstep:
Valentia Island – Home to the Fogher Sea Cliffs, Glanleam House and the Skelligs Experience.
Ring of Kerry – Circular route, walk or drive through spectacular scenery.